Modular homes are residences built in a controlled factory environment in sections, or modules, and then transported to the construction site. There, they are installed on permanent foundations and completed by professional installers.
Modular homes can reduce construction time by more than 35 percent, getting you into your new home faster so you can enjoy it longer.
Modular homes offer price savings other approaches cannot. Because most modular construction can be completed in less time than site-built construction, for example, the cost of interim construction financing is significantly reduced or eliminated.
MODULAR HOME FACTS
- Modular homes appraise the same as their on-site built counterparts do; they do not depreciate in value.
- Modular homes can be customized.
- Most modular home companies have in-house engineering departments that utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- Modular home designs vary in style and size.
- Modular construction can be used for commercial applications, including office buildings.
- Modular homes are permanent structures — “real property.”
- Modular homes can be built on crawl spaces and basements.
- Modular homes are considered a form of green building.
- Modular homes are faster to build than 100 percent site-built homes.
- Home loans for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Insurance premiums for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Taxes on modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Modular homes can be built to withstand 175-mph winds.
- Modular homes can be built for accessible living and designed for future conveniences.